Dapple Design Shop will be CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS from December 10, 2016 to January 4, 2017.

Thursday 9 April 2015

Pink and Yellow

On our walk this morning Miss S and I passed along this bit of sidewalk.


Lovely, isn't it?  These trees turn bright orange in the fall and glow with twinkle lights in the winter.  As you can see, they sing choruses of pink in the spring.  Walking under them, pushing a stroller with one hand, clutching coffee in the other, has become one of my favorite small indulgences.  This is the way to the library and the playground, but not for long.  I'm going to miss having such ready access to the town centre when we move.  

Closer to home, other things are blooming.


Miss S called them Dandy Flowers, and I think they're her favorite.  I'm pretty sure the new house will come with a few of these.

6 comments:

  1. The merits of Dandy Flowers aren't as widely appreciated as they ought to be; good for you, Miss S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Miss S calls them dandy flowers. You'll find new places to stroll once you move into your new home. Beautiful pink blossoms on those trees, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer those gorgeous pink flowering trees to the "Dandy Flowers" which our yard seems to have an abundance of but I think that's an adorable name for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful walk you have. Those trees are gorgeous and it's nice that they provide beauty all year around. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are gorgeous...and when the blossoms fall it's like a pink delicate rain.I finally saw my first Dandy flower the other day. Whooooot whooot spring is here!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photo of such beautiful trees and the dandy flowers remind me of the wine my mum used to make with them when I was young

    ReplyDelete