Dapple Design Shop will be CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS from December 10, 2016 to January 4, 2017.

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Interviewed

Debbie over at Work Your Art is launching a new series where she features creative business owners.  Her first interview published over the weekend featuring yours truly.  I was so proud to see my words on her site.  When I read them over again I didn't hear the voice of a stay-at-home mom with a hobby; I heard a legitimate creative entrepreneur.

Here's a little sample to whet your appetite.  If you're interested, you can read my whole interview here.

How would you describe your work? 
I find a lot of joy in surrounding myself with pretty things that I can use every day, so that’s what I make – small luxuries that can be indulged in frequently.  I make home décor items – such a table runners and place mats – in a variety of styles and materials.  In many ways I’m still looking for my true aesthetic.  My work is always changing.  I’m really excited about a line of new felt table runners that will hit the shop before the end of January and I’m starting to experiment with printing my own textiles. 


In other news, I'm slowly working toward a couple of new table runners for the Dapple Shop.  I've appliqued these little leaves to wool felt and used my sewing machine to "sketch in" in some detail.  The final produce turned out very well, so I'm work on a similar one featuring these little flowers.  Stay tuned.  I hope to get these into the shop soon.



1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I'm on my way now to read the rest of the interview. One of the things that I admire about you is that you do what you love, and you create things that you like. You are a businesswoman, who happens to work from home. Lucky Miss S, what a great role model.

    ReplyDelete