Dapple Design Shop will be CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS from December 10, 2016 to January 4, 2017.

Saturday 31 January 2015

Yellow


I looked out the window this morning and something yellow caught my eye.  I almost dropped by tea.  A crocus.  Just one, sunning itself in a sheltered corner.  Naively stretching up and open like a toddler, up far to early in the morning.  Even here on the west coast this is an unusual sight for January.

I'll be linking to Sunlit Sunday, hosted by Karen at My Little Home and Garden.




8 comments:

  1. No crocus here just yet, too rainy and gloomy these days. Enjoyed your little ray of color here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Crocus are the first blooms here in spring. You are lucky to have them bloom so early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for you Crystal - a sure sign of Spring.
    Yellow flowers in a bowl always make me feel happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen one or two as well - and snowdrops everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sight! Looks so happy there in the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colour - so welcome on the grey days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful crocus and photo. Brightens up these dull dark days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cristal, I am embarrassingly late in visiting you. Ah, a crocus. It is gorgeous, a favourite sign of upcoming spring. In a couple of months, I'll need to check my garden for them! Have a lovely week.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete