Dapple Design Shop will be CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS from December 10, 2016 to January 4, 2017.

Friday 19 September 2014

Between

Two weeks ago I spent the morning here.  I was comfortable in shorts, sporting a sun hat and sand between my toes.


The heady days of summer are not quite over, but they're losing interest in us, looking away more often.  Then back.  Then away.


Today I don a sweater in the morning but shed it two hours later.  I watch the garden, exhausted from it's season in the sun, droop and begin to yellow, even as the harvest rolls in.  We're caught between, lingering in one season and looking toward another.

3 comments:

  1. Between is a good way to describe these waning summer days. I wished for warmer clothes on the ferry yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make you just a little bit winsome....lol. It's over 26 here for the next few days, and it hasn't cooled down. The sun is shining, and Summer when she leaves is going out with drama. Fall will still be nice and warm for a little longer, then it will be winter.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lovely place to while away some time.

    ReplyDelete