Dapple Design Shop will be CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS from December 10, 2016 to January 4, 2017.

Friday 9 May 2014

Colour

I expected to feature bright spring colour for Donna's current photo challenge.  My garden is full of bold reds and blues just now, not to mention that spring-fresh hue of green.  But an anniversary get-away drew me into the smoother, softer tones of the sea.


Standing on the beach, I thought of these two vistas as monochromatic.  It wasn't until I increased the contrast a little (as I do with most of my photos) that I really saw the depth of blue in sky and water.  Inspired (intrigued?) I bumped up the saturation the tiniest little bit.


This was the view from our private hot tub.  We watched the blue blue blue of sea and sky and missed a certain little girl with blue eyes, who kept her Nana and Grandpa very busy.


This picture is a couple of months old, but I love the colours.  Red.  Pink.  Blue.  All very saturated.  I used a vignette tool in Picasa to darken the edges of the photo a little and draw greater attention to Miss S's face.

Linking to Donna's Personal Photo Challenge.  To be perfectly honest, I'm scrambling a little to get this up today.  My mind has been full of other things this week, but it's been fun to browse through my pictures and think of colour.  I'm looking forward to visiting your colour too.


15 comments:

  1. Those sea vistas are stunning. Blues and greens are my favorites and you hit them all. Of course, my favorite blue is Little Miss's eyes. They really pop with all the other bright colours around as contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Qual azul é o mais lindo? O mar? O céu? Os olhos da menininha são deliciosos!
    Bela seleção de azuis combinados aos verdes e vermelhos!
    Parabéns!
    Um abraço!
    Which Blue is the most beautiful? The sea? The sky? The little girl's eyes are to die for!
    Beautiful selection of blue combined with green and red!
    Congratulations!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You win! The baby face got me! Lovely blue seascapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both vistas are soft and pleasing to the eye. The little gal surrounded by colour is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little girl is darling, but then you know that! The second view is one of the most amazing scenes...the clouds, the sea, the intensity and variety of the blues...exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I agree with you Cristal, the blues of sea and sky are completely magical - what a beautiful venue for your anniversary weekend.
    Little Miss S with those big blue eyes and the red balloons is so adorable - lucky Nana and Grandpapa!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful greens and blues! You definitely met the challenge with those photos. Even so, I'd have to say that my favorite is that sweet young face in a sea of color. Precious.

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great getaway with beautiful color and peaceful settings to enjoy. Those eyes are wonderful. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMYGOODNESS....MISS S is the cutest thing, EVER !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cristal, I love the periwinkle blue of the clouds and sky and water in the first two photos. What beautiful scenery. And the one of your little one is adorable with lots of colour. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos- the little one looks adorable surrounded by red- very sweet! (and happy anniversary- the view from that hot tub looks fabulous! )

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blues and greens of your fist two photos is stunning. Bumping up the colour saturation a bit can sure make a difference, can't it? I love blue and green together.. guess Ma Nature knows what she's doing...
    And that last shot of darling little Miss.. so sweet! Those blue eyes would melt anyone's heart, wouldn't they? Great colour contrast with the red balloons. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely scenes and colors. My favorite is the little girl, so cute.. Wishing you a HAPPY Mother's day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you bumped up the contrast and saturation a bit, and I think you were pleased with the results too! The seascape photos are studies of tranquility with the soothing blue tones. I especially love the clouds showcased in the second image. Of course, the little miss photo steals the show. And the bold colors in that one really do pop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You used a nice variety of photos for the challenge...but of course we all think the little one steals the show! Enjoy your weekend! Sweet hugs, diane

    ReplyDelete