Dapple Design Shop will be CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS from December 10, 2016 to January 4, 2017.

Monday 28 April 2014

Inspection






The days of daily garden inspections are here.  Sometimes I make an excuse -- that compost bucket on my counter is full again.  Sometimes I slip into shoes and make the rounds for no good reason save the pleasure of watching plants grow.  I circle slowly past the strawberry bed and the pear tree.  I bend to gauge a peony bud.  I lift rhubarb leaves and smell future treats.  Fiddle heads unfurl.  Miss S follows and imitates and dances in the grass.  What joy.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely things are emerging from your garden (and your camera). It's a wonderful time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. garden inspections are one of my favorite things! love that fern shot- it's nice that it's not the typical completely round unfurling fern photo.

    ReplyDelete