Dapple Design Shop will be CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS from December 10, 2016 to January 4, 2017.

Friday 1 November 2013

Getting Out

Every weekend Gary and I push off indoor projects in favour of a walk outside.  We tell each other that this could be the last nice weekend for a long time.  But so far the nice weekends keep coming.  



These photos show last weekend's excursion to one of our favorite parks.  It's a bit of a drive, but well worth the effort.  Rocky shore lines and the occasional sandy beach.  Bright ocean and bright sky.  Loose forest filled with life and filtered light.  

 
We spotted this woodpecker high up, noisily mining for bugs, raining chunks of bark on the forest floor.  It's not the best picture, but I was pleased to catch him at all with my little point and shoot.  Notice the run of exposed wood in the bottom left.  He's been busy.

The forecast for this weekend is mixed, but we're still hoping to get out.  Fall is such a good time for rediscovering favorite places.  Will you get out this weekend?

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal, I am so loving your shots today. The collage is especially beautiful...I miss the ocean. But then again, I don't miss the rain. I've been hearing that you have had a run of beautiful weather, make the most of it, since that doesn't happen every year does it? LOL.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos. I'm hoping to get out for a walk this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete